Friday, August 7, 2009

A day in the life of a cartoon

Well..Everyone keeps calling this friend of mine a cartoon...She is very upset..she says rightfully so. She says there is a reason she has become this way. The people she meets everyday and talks to and spends time with have forced her to become like this. It is survival the cartoon says..in the big bad world of mad people, this is how she survives. She illustrates an example of a typical day in her life and beseeches us to understand her predicament.

The morning:
Cartoon wakes up to * tring tring* ,
Cartoon :'Hello'
phone person: 'hello..hello..helooooooo...helloooooooooooo'
Cartoon: I can hear you, please dont scream
phone person: 'ok....listen..I will not be able to pick you up today for the car pool, there is a costume fitting and I have to upgrade my superhero outfit. I am sorry, you need to get to work on your own. bye.' *click*
Cartoon: 'whaaa....????' ok.

At work:
Cartoon: Hey! morning!..
Cake man: oooohhh!! nice outfit..suits you. The colour brings out your eyes. Where did you get it from?
Cartoon: *completely bedazzled*. Oh! thanks. I got it from the same place I got others.
Cake man: explaining a party at home. 'We had like the best gold and silver'. I wore some swanky stuff. My mum fed me, she looked gor-ge-ous. Everyone was like..'man! you look good, have some cake'. I had quite a few. I photographed them. Look, I have even put markers so that you differentitate between sunrise marshmellow and dark knight cakes. oooooohh..wait wait,...i even got presents..i put them all on a table too. Look..cartoon..look..did you see my beuuuaaatiful shirt?'
Cartoon: *numbed in the brain* eh? nice they are. I'll get back to work.

Evening at home
Cartoon:'Ok, mum, i'm going to the neighbor's house'
Mum: 'Ok, dont fall off the terrace this time'
Dad: 'And also the staircase'. Do not think it's a slide. ok?'
Cartoon:*thinking why she'll do that* and promptly rolling down the neighbor staircase and hurting a lot of useful body parts.


The above example clearly demonstrates that cartoon is the sanest in the all the conversations and should not be judged by the discussions she gets invariably drawn into. So she's not a cartoon but a normal unanimated human.

P.S. The above incidents are not a part of any dream and concern real conversations with real people.

5 comments:

Shruthi said...

Poor girl. not her fault. please convey my best regards to this angel. and also get her a Cake fudge in Corner house from me. That'll make her feel better am sure.

The Cartoon said...

I am so glad that you have dedicated a whole post in my name, Maanasi. Thanks for that.
Also I feel very happy that your readers have acknowledged my plight.
Atleast, after reading this post I hope people will stop bothering me.

And about that fall! what can I say? i think the time was not right *sob*. I feel I went out during raahu kaala. I have decided to refer Hindu almanac before climbing stairs (any kinda stairs)

Once again lemme tell you that I am deeply moved by this gesture.

p.s. when am I going to get my Cake fudge?
p.p.s. please thank the lady above for her words. She seems genuine to me.

The Cartoon supporter said...

ah!..i completly sympathize with the cartoon, especially the fact that she has to put up with cake man....but i think that cartoon has to be careful in revealing the identity ;)

The Cartoon said...

[The Cartoon supporter], thank you for your sympathy . cake man is particularly difficult to handle. thanks. Appreciated. I am not sure if I have revealed my identity. hmm strange. But i'll be careful ;))

Once again, The Cartoon said...

btw i had to type 'totti' as word verification ha ha ha.. havent laughed so much in my life. not even when I had my great fall.